Payment Methods & Upgrades
- How can I find out how many referrals I have?
- How does the Glowforge referral program work?
- How can I upgrade my order?
- Can I upgrade after my Glowforge is shipped?
- Can I buy a Compact Filter after my Glowforge arrives?
- Can we get a copy of your W-9?
- What is your ECCN?
- When will my credit card be charged?
- How can I cancel?
- Do you accept checks, wires, purchase orders or payment plans?
- I want to change the credit card I used for my initial purchase. How can I do that?
- I had a problem with my credit card. What can I do?
- Can you send me a quote or invoice before I purchase?
- What is your return policy?
- How can I buy a used or second-hand Glowforge?
You can see how many orders you've referred by logging in to Glowforge.com and clicking "referrals" in the upper right corner. Each time we ship an order that was referred by you, we will send you an email letting you know and giving you a few choices for how you'll receive your referral compensation. You can read the full terms and conditions of the referral program for more information.
Unless your product was backordered when you purchased, the order has already gone to fulfillment. If your order is backordered, email email@example.com to let us know what change you’d like to make, and we’ll see if we can do it for you.
We don't have any plans for an upgrade kit after purchase.
In the future, we plan to sell our Compact Filter as a standalone upgrade in our shop - we'll let all our customers know when it's available.
The Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) for Glowforge units is EAR99.
Your card will be charged immediately when you order.
Unless your product was backordered when you purchased, the order has already gone to fulfillment. If your order is backordered, make sure you’re logged in so we know who you are (instructions are here). Once you’re logged in, go to https://glowforge.com/cancel-pre-order/
Please contact us back if you don't see the charge within ten days from the day day you cancel - although it is usually much faster.
Yes, we're delighted to have you pay in a way that works for you. You can read more at https://glowforge.com/payment-options.
Unfortunately, we’re not able to change your method of payment without canceling your original order.
Some banks or credit card companies block large transactions as a safety precaution, so that might be the issue. Usually a quick call to the bank to let them know you approve the purchase will do the trick.
Yes! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know:
- Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro (and how many, if you want more than one!)
- Whether you’d like a Compact Filter (and how many)
- The name of your business or school
- Your shipping address
Should you change your mind about your purchase, we accept returns (in some cases less shipping and/or restocking and refurbishment) according to our Terms of Purchase and Service section 3.13.
We want everyone to have the amazing experience of printing on a Glowforge 3D Laser Printer. If you purchase a used or secondhand printer, we’d be happy to make sure you have an account and a copy of the manual to ensure safe printing. We’ll even apply the remainder of the machine’s original warranty to you.
However, we’ve seen some disappointed second-hand buyers. It breaks our heart when someone’s saved up to become a Glowforge owner, only to find that they have a defective or unusable piece of equipment, with no way to get their money back.